Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Crime of Fashion










On a recent escapade to the west coast to chill with my fellow brother in freshness, Ryan Kawika. I flew into San Diego a mild mannered tourist and left a hardened criminal.

Now that you have to pay for a snack on an airplane, nationwide panic levels are now read on some intriguingly bizarre color chart, travel has become a painstaking ordeal for everyone. Having been burnt numerous times by the ignorant $20 baggage checking fee, I thought for once I could beat the system by dumping my liquid toiletries before the voyage back east...boy was I wrong!!! The second my carry on bag hit the conveyor belt, my vacation turned into a nightmare!

To make a long story short, I received a misdemeanor for a brass knuckle belt buckle, aka a trend relevant accessory recently capitalized on by many streetwear brands, noteably one of my favorites 10Deep.

During the search and seizure the bottom of my carry-on bag, the buckle was actually attached to my oh so legit Wranglers black leather belt. Apparently possession of "any metal knuckles" is covered under violation PC12020 (A)17B4. Just an FYI...the knuckles did not fit my hands...but supposedly that doesn't matter in this case.

Moral of the story..."Whose Bad?"

No comments:

Post a Comment